With the most beautiful hill stations, enchanting villages, snow-clad mountains and lush green landscapes, providing an outlet from the heat, driving to Himachal Pradesh is always a good idea, irrespective of the period!
It is a haven for thrill-seekers, opportunists and nature lovers. With McLeod Ganj being homey to the Dalai Lama and marks of Buddhism wherever you go, you’re likely to sense the mighty influence of Tibetan culture. It is the latest destination for skiing, rafting, paragliding, trekking, mountain climbing, and every other mountain adventure project in India.
As for the menace of Coronavirus, Himachal Pradesh saw a massive drop in the number of new covid cases in 2021. Moreover, the revival from 2020 is a positive sign for the state’s tourism sector, flourishing once again.
As the land has opened the gateways for tourists and eased all restrictions on interstate cruising, the ‘corona curfew’ is relaxed for Himachal, where shops will open from 9 am to 8 eateries can be open till 10 pm. Below are COVID-19 Guidelines for Travelling to Himachal Pradesh.
- By Air: Thermal screenings on arrival. No quarantine or mandatory covid test required. Registering on the Arogya Setu app is compulsory.
- By Rail: No need for e-pass. Thermal screening at entry points. Carry clean linens while travelling for long journeys.
- By Road: E-Pass has been made mandatory. Interstate transport buses to run with 50% passenger capacity.
- Violation of Covid guidelines will get you fined up to INR 5000 or imprisonment.
- Indoor gathering not to exceed over 50 people. The outdoor group, not more than 100 people.
Places To Visit: Plan Your Trip
Places to tour while travelling to Himachal Pradesh whether you choose to go biking or trekking. Travel to Himachal Pradesh to get a glimpse of the breathtaking views.
- An enchanting escape for adventure sports like paragliding, trekking, and rafting
- Peace and tranquil locales
- Mesmerizing views of the surrounding landscapes
- Tourist hotspot due to the repeated presence in Bollywood films
- The advent of Social Media became the picture-perfect town
- A year-round destination
- Have been painted white in the chilly winters
- Incredible escape during the summer heat
- Many things on the itinerary to explore the stunning hill station
- Most sought travel destination
- Romantic and family holiday trips
- Witness intricate Victorian architecture
- Take a stroll down Mall Road
- Full of locals and tourists alike
- A toy train trip from Shimla to Kalka is an unmissable experience
- Has an airport
- Well connected with major cities of India
- Stay in a boutique bungalow or cottage, or heritage homestay
- Best time to visit Shimla during January
- Snowing resembles a fairy tale scene
- Notice the influence of Tibetan culture
- 14th Dalai lama found refuge in the hills of Dharshamla, in Mcleodganj
- Tsuglakhang Temple complex of Mcleodgang has the Namgyal Monastery
- Namgyal Monastery is known as the Dalai Lama Temple
- Attend the morning or evening prayers
- Open to all
- Beautiful experience
- Insight into the Buddhist culture with spiritual debate
- Monks clap to make a point referred to as the “clapping debate.”
- Visit the Norbulingka institute preserving the Tibetan culture
- Teaches Tibetan refugees from the English language & Buddhist traditions
- Famous amongst thrill-seekers for trekking and adventurous sports.
- A charming and quaint village
- Two hours away from Manali
- Surrounded by dense coniferous trees
- Stunning view of the majestic Himalayan range
- Considered to be the base for popular trekking trails
- A haven for backpackers or the “hippie town.”
- Find a large number of Israelis
- A couple of days will help you rejuvenate your mind, body and soul
- Mini-Israel has the best food
- Activities ensure no dull moment
- Go on an adventure of own
- Most beautiful temples
- Camp by the river
- Chase mountain peaks
- Arouse adrenaline junkie
Discover more favourite destinations like Dalhousie, Sangla & Chitkul, Shoja, Solang Valley, Lahaul And Spiti Valley, Mandi, Kullu, Bir and plan a week’s trip in this spectacular region of Northern India.